Objectives of ASSOED
• Coordination and mutual consultation amongst universities, institutions
• to act as a liaison between the universities and the Government (Central as well as the State Governments) and to co-operate with other education institutions or bodies (national or international) in matters of common interest;
• To act as the representative of education association of India.
• To promote or to undertake such programmes as would help to improve standards of instruction, examination, research, textbooks, scholarly publications, library organisation and such other programmes as may contribute to the growth and propagation of knowledge;;
• To establish and maintain organisation dealing with youth welfare, student services, cultural programmes, adult education and such other activities as are conducive to the betterment and welfare of students or teachers and others connected with universities and help to maintain their autonomous character;